Monday, May 6, 2013

AE#6- Blog about our blog

   

   As our blogging assignment comes to an end, it is the perfect time to reflect upon the whole experience. :(   :)   ;)  



    I remember in class when the instructor first informed us that it would be an assignment to have our own blog. Of all the thoughts and emotions that went through my mind, terror was perhaps the most memorable. Sheer terror. You see, I had not only recently returned to school after more than two decades away, but was also
a little below average in my computer abilities. I was concerned that this one-two combo was enough to knock out my hopes of earning a good grade in the class. My terror  turned to despair as I immediately experienced difficulty just trying to set up my page. "I can't even get started, let alone actually think of something to say" went through my mind. But I hung in there and managed to learn the 
basics. Progress was slow, to say the least. Slothlike would be a compliment. My computer abilities are still rudimentary but the only way to improve is to practice.
      
     
  

Even with all the difficulty I went through, I am still very happy we had the opportunity to do a blog. It was an excellent idea for an assignment because it is very modern. It has good real world applications. Blogging is huge nowadays. What company doesn't have a blog? Zero. Or at least as close to zero as
as you can get without actually being zero. Anybody who is anybody seems to have their own blog. It's the future and the current way things are. And for me personally it was just a reinforcement of how important it is not to give up when things become difficult.
    








  



















  

3 comments:

  1. I feel you pain about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that even at two decades of not being in school you still managed to do your blogs. Yes it takes time learning new processes but you did it, good for you! Your blog is very inviting just by looking at it, the visuals make one want to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul--I am glad you enjoyed the blog project. You have some good content and commentary. Thanks for the feedback. Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete